You are here
- About 1,120 km approved length [aggregate length- 1,087 km at an revised cost of Rs. 6,461 km] of NHs are to be improved to 2-lane NH standards following corridor development approach under the World Bank Loan Assistance in Phase-I. Loan Agreement for Phase-I (1,120 km under first tranches of Loan Assistance of US$ 500 Million) was signed with World Bank on 1 July, 2014.
- For the proposed execution of projects under World Bank Loan Assistance as mentioned above, the cost of LA and utility shifting are to be borne by the Government of India as per the policy of the World Bank. Till March, 2019, 857 km of length has been completed with total expenditure of Rs. 4,190 crore.
- About 7 projects having NH length of about 738 km are to be improved under the Loan Assistance from JICA at the cost of about Rs. 18,172 crore. For the proposed execution of projects the cost of LA and utility shifting are to be borne by the Government of India. Out of these 7 projects, 5 projects are to be executed by NHIDCL, 1 project each is being executed by the Ministry through State PWD (BSRDCL) and by NHAI.
- The Ministry has awarded 92.935 km, Gaya- Rajgir - Nalanda – Bihar Sharif section of NH 82 in the State of Bihar at cost of Rs. 925.87 crore. The loan component of this project is JP¥ 21.426 billion. About 39 km of length has already been completed of this stretch. The Project is likely to be completed by 2020-21.
- NHAI awarded 127 km, Patna – Gaya - Dhobi section of NH 22 in the State of Bihar at cost of Rs. 1,231.98 crore. The loan component of this project is JP¥ 22.903 billion. About 14.5 km of length has been completed so far. However due to poor performance of the Company as well as Company going to NCLT, the project has been foreclosed. Re-award is in process.
- Remaining 5 projects are with NHIDCL. One project has started and bids for one project has been invited. Bids for another one project are to be invited. Remaining 2 projects are in pre-construction phase and are yet to be awarded.
The Ministry has awarded 2 projects of about 127.84 km length in the State of West Bengal at revised cost of Rs. 1,658.73 crore. The loan component of this project is US$ 145 Million. Works on 125.60 km has been completed at an expenditure of Rs. 1,301.48 crore as on April, 2019.